The Halloween decorations have been packed away and it’s now time to start preparing for Christmas! I’ve started off the festive creations with a large lantern. I followed the tutorial at Mixed Up Craft and then gave it my own little spin. Because of the size of the lantern, I decided to make a little scene inside. I gathered my supplies from Spotlight, and then zipped over to Kmart for the 3m length of copper wire LEDs. There’s also now a mini lantern to create if you prefer a smaller size.
I have to say, I’m absolutely stoked with how it turned out!! It looks absolutely gorgeous in my hall. I glued the trees (which come as a 3 pack from kmart) to the base, then added the cute little Dachshund from Some Odd Girl – it’s got a little acetate reinforcing. Then I sprinkled in some faux snow and added some pompoms for snowballs. I added a sentiment on the little door that I made in the back of the lantern. The large tree on the left hides the battery box for the lights.
I can see I’ll be making a few of these beauties – for all sorts of occasions! If you would like to have a little tour of my lantern, check out the little video below.
I have joined in with the following challenges:
- Sweet Stampin‘ – Trees
- Winter Wonderland Challenge – What you love to do at Christmas (2w)
- Crimbo Crackers – Anything Goes (2w)
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge – Anything Goes
- Christmas at Sweet Stampin’ Blog – Anything Christmas Goes (m)
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge – Anything Goes (2w)
- Mix it up Challenge Blog – Anything Goes (m)
- Love to craft Challenge Blog – Anything Goes (m)
- Merry Little Christmas Blog – Anything Christmas Goes (m)
- That’s Crafty – Winter Wonderland Challenge (m)